Monday, October 10, 2011

Here is the LO I did for the Skeletons in the Closet challenge over at Scraps of Darkness.  For this month, it's Who are you when no one is looking?  When I asked Aaron about it and wanted to know what he thought, he laughed and said I was terribly messy!  It's definately something that I would've never chosen!  I don't think I'm all that messy, but when he laid it all out for me, it really did make perfect sense.  I can take store bought cookie dough that's already cut and ready to put on a cookie sheet and bake, and destroy the kitchen with it!  LOL!  I did it last night in fact!  My scrap room is always tornado alley whenever I complete a page.  So, after all that being put into perspective for me, Messy was the perfect title for me!  I wanted this LO to depict my messy-ness, so I took some Tim Holtz distress ink refills and "threw" them all over the page.  I also tried to make my masks and stamps as careless and messy as I can be sometimes.  After finishing with this one, I was really happy with it.  It's very simple, but depicts me perfectly! 


 Here's a quick close up of some of my embellishments and the brick masking that I did with the distress ink!


 Here are some of the chippies I received from a RAK from craftysprinkles a little while ago.  I altered them with some mixed media ink and some Shimmerz Paintz Enamelz.  I love the way they look!

 And, here is my title.  I took the letters from my stash and then "messied" them up with some mixed media ink and some glimmer mists.

No comments:

Post a Comment